Happy 2017 Yogis! Now, I know it’s officially the 2nd of February today, but for me, I feel like its not until my girls are back in to their normal routine with Pre-School and all our extra-curricular activities that my year has really ‘begun’. Everything after Christmas until our routine kicks back in just feels like an extension of the summer break! Is anyone else the same?
So, with the little (and big!) people back to our normal routines, it feels like the right time to take a minute to reflect on all that was 2016 and all that I am manifesting for 2017.
2016 has been a profound year for me on both a professional and personal level. I leave 2016 behind with some important lessons that saw me remember to:
- Surrender and trust & let go of control
- Not believe everything I see/read on social media
- To stand in my truth
- That not everyone will like me and that’s ok
- That I don’t need to be “everything” to everyone and don’t need to be ‘perfect’
- That I need more time in nature and less social media time
- Seek out friendships and relationships that avoid drama and gossip
With the lessons, there also comes joy. Moments and memories that I am completely grateful for:
- My family for their unconditional love & the lessons my girls continue to teach me
- Reconnecting with some very special people in my life
- Having a job that I love and not being forced to go and work for someone else, doing something that doesn’t light me up!
- Winning the Violet Gray trip to QLD and going on that little adventure that was a moment, just for me!
- Celebrating my 30th birthday in the way that felt perfect for me (and again, sorry Mum for saying no to the big birthday bash I know you wanted for me!)
- Celebrating my 6 year anniversary with my man friend and still feeling love and being loved
Professionally, I feel proud and a sense of personal achievement when I reflect on all that I accomplished in 2016:
- Becoming a Shine from Within Youth Mentor
- Launching my Women’s Circles
- Creating my Mother-Daughter Evenings
- Running our Spring Detox 1 & 2 successfully for the second year in a row
- Making a start on creating my first book “Happy Little Yogis“
- Watching my students grow, blossom and learning to love and accept themselves
So, what lies ahead for 2017? I am making some big changes in my world, both personally and professionally. Today, I wanted to share with you my hopes and dreams for the year ahead. I’m putting these intentions in to the universe and seeing what comes back for me. I also love to look back over my manifestations at the years end and see what I was able to achieve; what is still to come and reflect on things that might not longer be important to me going forward.
My 2017 Goals and intentions:
- Continue to deepen my connection and relationship with Gavin
- Be more present with my girls and have lots of fun adventures together
- Spend more quality time with my Mum & Dad and Grandparents
- Connect with more likeminded women
Health and Wellness Goals:
- Get into nature more
- More yoga & meditation for me and add in weekly pilates classes
- Start dancing again
- More self-care and self love routines
- Work with an awesome local naturopath on healing my gut
- Undergo a Juice cleanse
- Regular kinesiology sessions
- See my chiropractor for an adjustment monthly
Travel & Adventure:
- Attend a Wellness Retreat in Byron Bay
- Conduct my own Wellness Retreat in Kangaroo Valley (details coming soon!)
- Take more personal holidays with my family
- Weekend away with Gavin
Attend Live Personal Development Events:
- Danielle LaPorte in Sydney
- Eckhart Tolle in Sydney
- Tony Robbins in Sydney
- Buy a block of land and build our dream home
- Deepen my connection and trust with the Universe
- Travel, holiday and adventure more
- Spend more time in nature
- Read at least 1 physical book and listen to 1 audiobook per month
- Listen to more podcasts and absorb as much knowledge and information I can
- Create and release weekly blog posts for my tribe
- Create and release (successfully) x2 online courses
- Host and run x2 yoga and lifestyle retreats
- Continue to run and host awesome events (i.e Women’s Circles, Mother-Daughter Events, Teen girls events, Happy Little Yogis Live shows)
- Work on my speaking, filming and writing
So my beautiful tribe – what is it that you’re thankful from 2016? What changes, goals, dreams and aspirations are you manifesting for 2017? This is something that we covered in my recent Intention Setting Workshop and I’m so proud of my beautiful ladies that came along and kicked off 2017 with a bang! BUT I’d love to hear from you below – putting your intentions and lessons out to universe by writing them down is so cleansing, healing and a powerful reminder of where it is you want to head in your life.
Are you struggling to connect with yourself and where you’re heading? Maybe 1:1 coaching might be for you. I am so excited to share I have just opened up 6 new coaching spots if you feel called to seek guidance on working through your roadblocks and creating a path to the truer you come and read about my coaching packages HERE.
Thanks for reading beautiful and I look forward to connecting with you again in 2017.
Much love Aimee x