Outside the rain is falling as I indulge in this rare moment of ‘me-time’…
Snuggled in bed at 7am, I’m reflecting in deep gratitude of the amazing year that was 2015.
I had NO IDEA what the Universe had in store for me and my family when we were left with no choice but to move from Sydney back to my home ground, Medowie; a small, picturesque town near Newcastle on the NSW Central Coast.
We made the move when I was 6 months pregnant with my youngest daughter. Going from the ‘big smoke’ and hustle and bustle of Sydney was a jolt to my system – the quiet slowness was initially overwhelming. I felt as though this tiny town would allow no scope for me to grow, except as a mother and home keeper. How wrong I was…!
I’m a Type A personality through and through. I live my life at 100 miles per hour and always have a plan… a vision… a dream… and incredible manifestation in the works. But when we moved back to Medowie I had nothing…
I was feeling very flat, disappointed in myself and my depression and anxiety were returning swiftly – it seemed like none of the techniques I’d put into place to manage my emotions were effective anymore. I loved motherhood, as well as helping my partner grow his business by working on his marketing, public relations and administration. But I had lost myself… My purpose… My way…
When my best friend (since we were 8 years old!) Jacki visited us, she could immediately see that there was something going on – I was not my usual self. I confided in her about how was feeling and that I had no idea how to fix it. All she kept saying to me was ‘I really think you should start teaching yoga in Medowie…’
The very idea made me so nervous… The nasty voices in my head were having a field day: ‘Yoga won’t work in Medowie!’…‘Who are you to teach anyone?’…’You’re not good enough’… ‘No one will like you’… Just thinking about it triggered more stress and I was adamant to Jacki that it was a terrible idea. Luckily for me, she is not the kind of woman to give up on an idea…
After completing my yoga teacher training in Sydney I had no idea if I was ever going to become a teacher. The competition in Sydney is very tough – every second person in the city has done their yoga teacher training. The market is totally saturated and very competitive.
Despite hearing all of my protests, Jacki convinced me to just TRY…
My little Medowie Yoga classes started from very humble beginnings. My initial goal was so small – to teach one beginners class of 5-7 students each week. I started a Facebook page and hoped for the best… I ended up with 3 fully booked beginner programs! And my yoga business went from strength to strength throughout 2015.
I am also still in disbelief that, towards the end of 2015, I started by own clothing label #BreatheDreamCreateLove! This was the realisation of a very passionate, long-held dream for me! I had no idea how I was going to make it happen, but I did it! I released my ‘Breathe. Dream. Create. Love.’ T-shirts and tanks in December with totally unanticipated success! (Heads up: watch out for some amazing new designs coming soon in early 2016!)
After such a wildly wonderful year, I am taking a moment to reflect and give thanks to 2015…. #Gratitude2015
- I am so grateful to Jacki for giving me that initial push!
- I am eternally grateful to all of my teachers, including Lynette from The Soul Factory, Patty Kikos, Idit Hefer Tamir, Lynda Taylor, Katie Manitsas and Sarah De Graff thank you for for your guidance. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your knowledge and your energy. Without you all I would not be where I am today. Much love and gratitude to you now and forever.
- I am so grateful to all of the beautiful yogis I have had the honour of teaching throughout the year. My students, thank you for your trust, thank you for your love, thank you for continuing to support me and my journey. I love you all very much.
- I am so grateful to my partner Gavin for supporting me through this journey of starting a business and becoming a teacher. Thank you for being there and supporting me through all the highs and lows! My man, my Soulmate, the one who keeps me grounded, the one loves me unconditionally (even when I am at my craziest!!!) I am so grateful we found each other again in this life. Love you forever…
- I am grateful to my parents who are forever giving. Who are forever supporting. And who are the very best grandparents to my children. Thank you for everything you do. I love you with all my heart!
- I am grateful for my brothers who I love and miss every single day!
- I am grateful for my grandparents – my guardian angels who are always, always there. I love you!
- I am grateful for my greatest teachers – my children! Thank you for choosing me. You are my everything. You are pieces of me and will always have my heart. I love you beyond words.
- I am grateful for my Soulsisters – you amazing women are so special to me and I feel so honoured to have so many strong, nourishing female friendships.
Thank you ALL for sharing yourselves with me…
Thank you ALL for opening up…
Thank you ALL for trusting the journey and the emotional releases…
You are ALL so brave and I love you ALL so much!
I am so excited to just surrender and allow 2016 to unfold…
I am open to receive health, love, happiness, creativity, prosperity, abundance and joy with ease and grace in 2016 and beyond…
And of course, I’m relishing in the excitement of creating and manifesting an amazing 2016!
Just some of the goals I’ve got up my sleeve for my business are:
+ Creating new workshops and events #TheGoddessGathering
+ Creating, hosting and holding space for a supportive women’s coaching circle
+ Teaching more kids yoga
+ Creating an online studio with loads of full length yoga classes and tutorials
+ Recording guided meditations and yoga nidras
+ Writing my first book – ‘Breathe Dream Create Love: My Journey to self-love and Happiness’
+ Taking Medowie Yoga to the next level and setting up a beautiful, permanent studio space
And my more personal goals and visions?
+ To spend more quality time with my family
+ To be more present in life, especially with my children
+ To live from the heart
+ To choose love and forget fear
+ To attract only beautiful, positive and supportive people in my life
+ To always trust my intuition
The New Year is such a magical time… I just love this pivot point of reflecting back in gratitude and launching new ideas for the future! It’s so exciting!
Tell me, beautiful…
What were you grateful for in 2015?
And how is 2016 going to be your most powerful Goddess year yet?
Share your dreams in the comments and lets get talking – there’s power in numbers when it comes to creating paradise!
Much love (and Happy New Year!),